Saturday, October 24, 2009

Kareena refuses to play Jessica Lal

kareenakapoor_02Kareena Kapoor has refused to play the character of murdered model Jessica Lal in Raj Kumar Gupta’s ‘No One Killed Jessica.’ Raj Kumar Gupta’s (who directed Aamir) offer was turned down by Kareena because the actress doesn’t want be part of the off-beat films that does not centric her.   "If I do off-beat roles, they better be worth my while. If I work with Sudhir Mishra again after Chameli, I'd want to do the title role," says the actress. Kareena said that she couldn’t connect with the character and she prefers doing films like ‘Kurbaan’ focusing present soci0-political theme. Kareena says, “I want to do meaty parts with off-mainstream directors like Dibakar Banerjee and Raj Kumar Gupta. But the roles have to justify my presence. I can't do a bit part in an offbeat film just to prove I can act. Right now, I'm shooting for Stepmom and can't think of anything. Not even Saif's film, which is like my own home production."

For now, the actress is looking forward to her two upcoming movies, ‘3 Idiots’ and ‘Kurbaan’.

No comments:

Post a Comment